Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The question is how...


As I write this post my heart goes out to those in Oklahoma. Being a busy mother working on many things can sometimes make me lose site of what's going on in the world around me.

In terms of this tragedy, I was thinking that many may ask "why". The truth is no one knows, really. All the philosophies and ideologies can't answer "why". So then the question becomes "how". How do we bear this? How do we get through this?

I submit to you that prayer is the beginning. We should all pray, right now, right where we are.

We pray for comfort. We pray for strength. We pray for compassion. We pray for mercy. We pray for grace. We pray for hope. We pray for healing.

We pray for others and we pray for all.

"May my cry come before you, O Lord..."  Psalm 119:169

God bless Oklahoma.

No comments:

Post a Comment