Friday, June 28, 2013

No perfect mom


I love to blog and enjoy sharing thoughts and experiences with anyone interested in hearing. I don't try portray myself as a perfect mom, on the contrary, I know I'm a piece of work. Daily my prayer is to be a better mom and to have much more patience. Some of you may know that I have two full grown adult children and starting all over again has not been an easy road.

I home school my children so I'm pretty much around them twenty four hours a day, seven days a week. So again I pray for lots and lots of patience. I have to think before I start yelling and work to re-create words that help and not hurt. This takes lots of prayer.

Why am I writing this? Being an avid reader means I read lots of blogs. Most of the time I get the impression that other moms are perfect, maybe even faultless. It makes me feel like I'm not such a good mom because I don't do all the things I read about or feel all the ways that other moms feel. I feel burned out a lot.

Then I decided that being a good mom did not mean being perfect but rather it means being the best mom I can be. Again, this is why I pray so much, I know I need God to help me. I could not do this without Him. So be encouraged and know that there's no perfect mom, no such creature exists.

Now I look at the kids to see if they are smiling. I look to see if they are happy. When I mess up I'm quick to say I'm sorry. I'm quick to offer a hug and a kiss and lots of reassurance.

I may not be a perfect mom but I'm getting better everyday. That's what it's all about!


everyday talk for everyday women...

4 comments:

  1. You'll do a wonderful job with your little ones, they'll turn out just as wonderfully as your big-ones did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mzz Michelle, I hope you're right...lol Thanks so much for your encouraging words and taking time to comment as well as read the posts. What a blessing.

    Peace and blessings to you always. Enjoy your up and coming 4th of July week.

    Verlyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remind myself everyday that God chose me out of all the women in the world to be Palmer's mommy. Even on the days I don't do anything right He must have had some reason for specifically choosing to bring her and I together as Mommy and daughter. It helps me get through those days when I feel like a horrid mother because I've dropped her off at daycare for 9 hours and then I pick her up and I'm just annoyed because all I really want to do is go home and sleep and instead I have to figure out something to at least entertain her.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Morgan, I never thought about it in this way, God choosing me. I think we beat ourselves up so much but the grace of God reminds us to just beloved and be ourselves of course while getting better.

    Again thanks so much for your insight and thank you for sharing. Palmer is very blessed to have you as her mom.

    ReplyDelete