Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Educating ourselves about our children


Everywhere I look there are children being diagnosed with a learning disability of some sort. It could be ADHD, ADD, Autism etc. This is one of the reasons I opted for homeschooling, especially my boys who are beyond active. As parents we have the option of doing investigating/due diligence for our children and not just  taking whatever comes our way.

Disclaimer: I am not giving ANY medical advice nor am I a doctor. Seek your professional physician for any advice or counseling.

In my opinion we as parents should read as much as possible as well as seek opinions of others with like issues. The more we read and investigate, the greater our chances of finding out other ways besides medication to treat or even eliminate some of those childhood vexations.

Sometimes diet can play a key role in treatments. Adding more of the good stuff like veggies/fruit and eliminating the yuck stuff like sugar that's found in colored drinks, candy and other types of junk foods can be life changing in a beneficial way.

It's easy to just give a pill and call it a day. Do we even know what's in these medications that we are quick to give our children. Heck, I can't even pronounce most of them. Again, I am not saying take your kids off of any prescribed medications. I am simply saying educate yourselves about alternatives in addition to giving medications.


I read a very interesting article and I'm sharing it with you, I hope you share it with someone else. Click the link below to read this inspirational story.

www.nydailynews.com/news/national/autism-boy-genius-iq-higher-einstein-article-1.1340923

No comments:

Post a Comment