Wednesday, November 13, 2013

The man in the fight

As I sit here typing on a computer that's not my own I am also waiting on the fate of mine. My computer crashed and with that I await the verdict to see if anything can be saved. Everything that means anything to me was on that computer, all of my pictures, my writings that include devotionals, finished and unfinished books, poetry, my favorite websites and articles I saved to read in the future.


This happened along with all the other things that are going on in my life as it is being rearranged by my husbands accident. At this point everything seems to be turned upside down, my house, my home school schedule etc. It then occurred to me that sometimes life is a fight, it's not set up to be free and clear of struggles and unexpected trials.


Years ago I heard a quote "it's not the size of the man in the fight but the size of the fight in the man" so I fight but this is a different kind of fight, this fight begins on my knees, this fight is fought through prayer. I pray for a solution and while I wait I pray for peace and then carry on


I was at a loss in terms of blogging because I wanted to blog on my computer and use my pictures and images. Then I realized if everything is lost on my computer I can't stop blogging, I have to carry on and take a different approach.


The quote "it's not the size of the man in the fight but the fight in the man" is profound and as it came to me I was beginning to feel discouraged about everything I may have lost on my computer. I began to be encouraged as I realized it is out of my hands anyway and so I pray. Sometimes a simple word can carry you through what seems to be a difficult trial.


Consider the last time you went through a trial or had to deal with an issue. Is there a quote, saying or a song that encouraged you? If so please share it. We would love to hear it... who knows it may encourage someone else today.

No comments:

Post a Comment